Trickster Card Back


My plan for the Trickster line is to have the same seven suits across the entire line. When new decks are released, I just put out seven new characters arrayed across those universal suits, so you can combine characters from different genres and IPs.

That means I need a universal card back that would remain evergreen across the whole line. I didn't want to get stuck in the "Deckmaster" situation, where the card back has obsolete branding elements locked in perpetuity. I decided to follow the example of Pairs, and lift elements from classic card backs.

I just whipped the above card back up over the weekend, pulled together from a bunch of stock Victorian floral patterns and vintage labels. It feels a bit slapdash, with some odd gaps and tangents floating around, but it's sufficient for a prototype.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Graphic Design and Typography Tips for your Card Game

Troubleshooting: How to fix "Remove Blank Lines for Empty Fields" in InDesign Data Merge

One Thing to Avoid in Game Design